Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Six people were killed after a tourist submarine sank in the Red Sea off the Egyptian coast, the local governor said.
Among the 39 others who were rescued, nine were said to have been injured with four in critical condition after the incident at the beginning of Thursday near the city of Hurgada.
In total, it was believed that 45 passengers were aboard a submarine called syndbad when it drowned close to the harbor.
That’s what we know so far.
Red Sea Governor Amr Hanafi said six tourists had died, and after the submarine sank, 39 more were rescued. No one went missing, and it is unknown how many of those on board were tourists and how much the crew was.
Russian official in Hurghada, Victor Varapayev, said the two were killed.
This happened after a previous statement by the Russian Embassy in Egypt, which states that all tourists were Russian on board.
The submarine, syndbad, acted as a tourist submarine for several years.
According to the company, which conduct tourist trips – Sindbad submarines – its courts take passengers on travel to explore coral reefs near Hergada’s shoreline.
The company states that the world has two “14 real recreational submarines”, which ranks 44 places for passengers and two places for pilots.
Excursions are intended for both adults and children, the company site says and allows passengers to travel 25 meters (82 feet) under water.
The submarine dropped off the coast of the Egyptian city of the Red Sea Hurghada, the BBC understands.
It is believed that the incident happened in the harbor. The Russian Embassy said it happened around 10:00 local time (08:00 GMT), about 0.6 miles (1 km) from the shore.
Hurghada is a popular tourist place and its shoreline is known for its beaches and coral reefs. A number of tourist trips are valid from its harbor.
In recent years, there have been other incidents related to the Red Sea tourist boats operating from the city.
In November, a tourist boat called Sea Story sank, leaving 11 dead or missing – including the British couple – and 35 survivors. Later BBC heard Co -security charges.
Britain’s investigators stated last month Over the last five years, 16 Liveaboard court incidents have occurred in the area, resulting in death.
Authorities in Egypt are investigating the incident, and details are currently unclear.
There is still great activity from other boats around the harbor, where the submarine sank.
It turned out that the weather was pretty calm, not having signs of coarse waters.