Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
According to one of her advisers, President Donald Trump has abolished the defense of the secret service, which was organized for Kamala Harris before he resigned, one of her advisers reports.
As a former vice president, Ms Harris had the right to receive six months of this additional security after leaving the post in January, which was to end in July.
Its defense was extended by another year of the executive directive signed by its former chief, but Trump withdrew Trump in a note that the BBC dated on Thursday saw.
The move comes a few weeks before Harris goes to the national book excursion to promote “107 days” – a memory of it is short -lived and ultimately the unsuccessful presidential campaign in 2024.
A copy of the letter noticed by the BBC, from August 28, sends a secret service to “stop any safety procedures previously authorized by the executive memorandum except those required by the law” for Harris since September 1.
A high White House official confirmed the move.
Sources familiar with the situation reported CBS, BBC news partner that the recent threat assessment did not reveal anxiety that it would guarantee the expansion of its details past the legally announced six -month period it had.
In 2008, the US Congress passed a law that allows the secret service to provide the protection of former vice -presidents, their spouses and any children under the age of 16 after leaving the post.
It’s been a little over seven months since Harris left the post at the end of the administration in January.
Harris’s husband, Emhof’s arc, ended with his own defense on July 1 at the end of the legally compulsory period provided by the husband and wife of the former vice presidents.
The loss of secret security of Harris means that it will lose agents that are intended to protect it and its property in Los Angeles, as well as active exploration threats that are carried out to detect and prevent any possible threats.
The cost of similar protection, if funded, can make up to one million dollars a year.
California Governor Gavin New York and Mayor Los -Angeles Karen bass expressed outrage in the message.
“This is another act of revenge after the lost list of political revenge in the form of shooting, the cancellation of security and much more,” said Ms. Bass CNN, who first reported the story.
Mayor L.A. He said it exposes Harris in danger, and she will make sure she’s safe in the Los Endeles.
Since returning to the White House, in January, Trump had withdrawn the secret service for a number of people, including Hunter and Ashley Biden, the former president, and Anthony Fusy, the former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Several former Trump officials and allies have also been canceled, including ex-staff Mike Pompeo and John Bolton, a former national security adviser who became a vocal critic.
Harris collided with several security threats during his position, and former secret service officials stated that the dangers had deteriorated that she was the first woman and the first person who served in the office.
For example, in August 2024, a man of Virginia was charged with the implementation of threats on the Internet for murder, abduction or injury to Harris and former President Barack Obama.
In the previous incident in 2021, the 39-year-old Florida pleaded guilty to threaten Harris after acknowledging that she had directed a video from her prisoner’s husband, in which she showed a weapon and said that a “blow” could be carried out within 50 days.