Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Survivors call Israel’s call about attack on gas ambulance

The BBC Munther AbED paramedic is sitting in front of a Palestinian ambulance in gas BBC

Montaeen Lunch Mantle Has survived the killed 15 ambulance staff, plunging on the floor at the back of the ambulance

“I am the only survivor who saw what happened to my colleagues,” says Mante lunch, scrolling through his paramedics on his phone.

He survived the Israeli attack, which killed 15 ambulance workers in Gaza, plunging on the floor in the back of the ambulance, as his two colleagues were shot at the front in the first hours of March 23.

“We left the headquarters of the dawn,” he told one of the proxies of freelance BBC journalists, who work in Gaza, explaining how the reaction team from the Palestinian Red Month, the Gaza Civil Defense Agency and the UN Agency for Palestinian refugees (Anta) gathered.

“About 04:30 all civil defense vehicles were on the spot. At 04:40, the first two vehicles came out. At 04:50 the last vehicle arrived. A car (UN) was shot directly on the street,” he says.

Israeli military stated that its forces opened fire because the vehicles were suspiciously moving to soldiers without prior coordination and light shutdown. He also claimed that nine Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad operatives were killed in the incident.

Jonathan Wittal Palestinian first respondents remove the bodies of the first first respondents from what the UN said it was a mass grave on the outskirts of Rafa, South GazaJonathan Wittal

UN official posted a photo of what he said

Munther calls in this account.

“This is the same day and night. External and inner lights are included. Everything tells you that this is an ambulance belonging to the Palestinian red mural. All the lights were until the vehicle was on direct fire,” he says.

After that, he adds, Israeli soldiers pulled out of the debris arrested and tied. He claimed he was interrogated for more than 15 hours before being released.

BBC outlined its Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), but it has not yet answered.

“IDF is not accidentally attacking the ambulance,” said Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar when questioning the press conference, repeating the IDF statements.

“Several non -organized vehicles were identified suspiciously to move to IDF troops without headlights and emergency signals. Then IDF troops opened fire on suspicion of vehicles.”

He added: “After the initial assessment, it was found that the forces were eliminated by the military terrorist Hamas, Mohammed Amin Ibrahim Shubaki, who took part in the massacre on October 7, as well as eight terrorists from Hamas and Islamic jihad.”

Map showing southern gas

The name of Shubaki is not on the list of 15 dead emergency workers – eight of whom were the Palestinian media on the Red Crescent, six were the first civil defense respondents, and one was an employee of Anta.

Israel did not take into account the location of the Shubaki body and offered no evidence of the direct threat presented by emergency workers.

The munter rejects Israel’s statement that Hamas may have used an ambulance as a cover.

“It is not at all true. All crews are civil,” he says.

“We do not belong to any militant group. Our main duty is to offer ambulance services and save people’s lives. No more.”

Monte Lunch looks at the photo of the Palestinian killed

The father of paramedic Ashraf Abu Labda said he had died in “cold blood”

Gaza paramedics moved their own colleagues to their funerals earlier this week. There was a cry of grief together with calls for accountability. One father was killed, said the BBC that his son was killed “cold blood”.

International agencies could only access this area to find their bodies a week after the attack. They were found buried in the sand along with destroyed ambulances, a fire truck and a UN car.

Sam Rose, acting director of the Gaza Office Office, says: “What we know is that fifteen people have lost their lives, that they were buried in shallow graves in sandy berme in the midst of the road that treated the full pop and what seems to violate international humanitarian law.

“But only if we have an investigation, a complete and complete investigation, will we be able to get to it.”

Hetti Palestinian paramedics Palestinians pray next to the bodies of eight colleagues killed by Israeli forces, in Han UNIS, South Gaza (March 31, 2025)Gets the image

The burial for Palestinian doctors on the Red Crescent took place in the southern city of Khan Yunis on Monday

Israel is not yet obliged to investigate. According to the UN, at least 1060 healthcare workers have been killed since the conflict.

“Of course, all ambulance workers, all physicians, all humanitarian workers in Gaza are now more uncertain, more delicate,” says Mr. Rose.

One paramedic is still not taken into account after the incident on March 23.

“They were not just colleagues but also friends,” says Manta, nervously conducting prayer beads on the fingers. “We ate, drank, laughed and joke … I consider them a second family.”

“I will expose crimes committed by occupation (Israel) against my colleagues. If I wasn’t the only one who survived who could tell the world what they did with our colleagues and who would tell their story?”

Source link