Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Plan for ceasefire returned to the table

The Palestinian militia group Hamas states that it supports a new ceasefire plan for Gaza, which has seen five more hostages released to Israel in exchange for a 50-day truce.

Khalil Al-Haimi, the oldest leader Hamas outside Gaza, said the group approved a transaction sent by Egypt and Qatar media.

The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said she had also received a plan and “handed over to the media coordination with the United States,” AFP reports.

If agreed, a new limited ceasefire agreement may coincide with the Muslim holiday ID al-Fitro.

Discussions take place when Israeli forces continue air strikes and conduct a ground operation in Rapha after ceasefire, which was agreed in January, broke earlier this month.

In the first phase of this transaction, Hamas released 33 hostages. It is believed that the group still holds 59, though not all are said to be alive.

Earlier, Hamas insisted on following the initial transaction – with the negotiations to start in the second stage, which would see the release of all other hostages, in return for the complete cancellation of the Israeli forces in the gas and the completion of the war. But these negotiations never started.

Israel and the United States instead suggested that the first stage of the ceasefire – which ended a month ago – should be extended, without a clear guarantee that the war would end.

Israel accused Hamas of expanding and resumed a military offensive on March 18.

Since then Israel has launched air strikes More than 900 people were killed in Gaza.

An Israeli meeting with the latest ceasefire from the United States was agreed in the Netanyahu office, but has not yet given details.

All this happens when Israeli forces continue the air strikes – and the ground operation in the southern city of Rafa, which, according to the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), is aimed at expanding its safety zone in the south of Gaza.

Meanwhile, the participants of the rally in Israel accused Netanyahu and his government of in danger to put the life of the rest of the hostages, violating the ceasefire.

One such hostage, Elkan Bobot, was again shown in trouble in a new video posted by Hamas in which he stands for release.

On October 7, 2023, the war was caused when Hamas attacks on Southern Israel, killed about 1,200 people and returned to Gas 251 as captives.

Israel responded with a massive military offensive in which more than 50,000 Palestinians died, says the Ministry of Health Hamas Gaza.

Source link