Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

More than 300 children who died from a new offensive in Israel, UNICEF says

The United Nations agency for children says that at least 322 children have been killed since Israel launched an updated gaza offensive two weeks ago.

UNICEF said at least 609 other children were injured in the same period.

“The ceasefire in Gaza provided the necessary rescue circle for Gaza Children and Hope on the path to recovery,” said UNICEF Executive Director Catherine Russell. “But the children again plunged into the cycle of death and deprivation.”

On March 18, Israel launched an updated gas offensive, accusing Hamas of deflection of a new US proposal to expand fire and release 59 hostages left in the gas.

Hamas, in turn, accused Israel of violating the initial transaction they agreed in January.

UNICEF said that “tireless and uninhabited bombing” resumed gas, and 100 children were killed or crippled every day 10 days before March 31.

Most of the dead children were moved and leaned in improvised tents or damaged homes, the report said.

UNICEF uses the figures published in the Ministry of Health Gaza Hamas, the figures that Israel is steadily challenged. The figures view the UN and other international institutions as reliable.

International journalists, including the BBC, is blocked by Israel on its own, so they cannot check the numbers on both sides.

BBC News appealed to the Israeli military (IDF) for comments.

Ever since the war began more than 18 months ago, the agency said that 15,000 children were killed, more than 34,000 were injured, and almost a million had been moved repeatedly.

In recent weeks, the humanitarian situation has deteriorated sharply, and Israel refused to allow assistance in the Gaza Strip since March 2 – the longest blockage of assistance after the war.

“Without these necessary supplies, malnutrition, diseases and other preventive conditions, it will probably increase, which will increase the preventive death of children,” UNICEF wrote in a press.

The UN has announced that it reduces its activity in Gaza on March 24, one day after eight Palestinian doctors, six civil defense respondents and UN employee were killed by Israeli forces In South Gaza.

IDF launched a campaign to destroy Hamas, which was designed by a terrorist group of Israel, the United Kingdom, the US and other countries, in response to an unprecedented cross -border attack on October 7, 2023, which killed about 1,200 people and 251 were taken hostage.

According to the Ministry of Health, Hamas, headed by Hamas, more than 50 399 people were killed in Gaza.

Source link