Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

La Times sue the city for processing deleted texts Karen bass amid fires

The Los Angeles Times (The Times) sues the city for Mayor Karen BAS, allegedly deleting texts against the background of a bewildered reaction to the California Forest Fires.

Treatment of local crisis conditions was widely condemned as California’s accusationEspecially with bass on a trip to Africa, for the sake of President Ghana, when the fire of the palisada flared on January 7. The mayor returned to Los Angeles until January 8.

The Times sued the city of La on Thursday, accusing officials of violating the law, refusing and deleting text messages to the mayor and other records during the fires.

In an article about your own forensic procedure, the writer The Times Sonja Sharp report“The city has already turned many exchanges between Mayor Karen Bass and other Times officials. But officials claim that they do not force it in accordance with the laws of state records.”

“The times disagreed,” Sharp wrote. “The expansion of the rights of public officials to clean their records or decide to the law provides for a dangerous precedent, according to a lawsuit on Thursday.”

Karen bass

Government mayor Los -Andgeles Karen Bass is now sue for La Times. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)

Polisads Fire: Sarah Michel Gelar is leading stars that exploded Laeer as crippling estimates

“This is more than these text messages,” Kelly Aviles said. “It seems that the city believes that they can destroy everything they want when they want and that they are not obliged to keep public records.”

The Times reported that the mayor, after initially stated that the texts had been removed, “ultimately stated that she had been able to return the deleted texts, and last week provided about 125 messages, noting that the uncertain number was” edited and/or contained “on the basis of the Law”.

The mayor David Michaelson’s lawyer told Times reporter Julia that these so -called “ephemeral” texts were outside the reach of the California Public Reports, and “referred to the decision of the Supreme Court of 1981, which made” fleeting thoughts and random pieces “as released from the records.”

But Times lawyers claimed that this did not extend to texts and other electronic communications.

Fires and the biggest

Recently, the Mayor La -Karen bass confessed that she was sorry to be in Ghana and the fires broke out in her city. (AP/Getty)

Flashback: Rogan warned last summer about the future fire “Burns through the Los -Angeles, down to the ocean”

“The obvious position of the city that the official can remove the textual connection at any time, because the” ephemer “has not yet received a public record request, to destroy the presumption of access to state records,” the Times said. “All the government official had to do to avoid careful control, destroy the texts immediately after their creation.”

The Times also reported that these were not the only records that were destroyed, and they are not the only ones that are still actively pursued by journalists.

The reporter of the investigation was said by Allen Teskidian sought “electronic letters, text messages, reports, documents and memo planning and pre-bundle resources” from the fire La La at that time Chief Christine Croles And her subordinates.

In the same way, it is reported that the City Hall reporter David Zakniser appealed to “a copy of the correspondence against emergency drugs, high winds, fire conditions and national weather service.”

The Times said: “Zhnader received some records, but not text messages he asked. Tchekmedyian’s request was closed without any communications.”

Image of Forest Fires and mayor la Karen bass

Mayor Los -Angeles Karen bass was criticized for the city’s reaction to forest fires. (Photo Apu Gomes/Getty Images | Photo Alberto Rodriguez/Variety via Getty Images)

Click here to get the Fox News app

said Michandson Digital Fox News Digital In an e -mail that “the mayor’s office has responded to hundreds of requests for public records and we will continue to do so. The mayor’s management has published compassionate texts at a PRA with Times last week, and the office will continue to respond to state record requests.”

Fox News Digital also addressed the comments from the La Times and the city prosecutor but did not receive an immediate response.

Stephen Soros Fox News contributed to this report.

Source link