Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced an investigation into possible ties between his assistants and Qatar as “witches hunting” after he showed the police.
On Monday, an adviser and a former spokesman for alleged payments from the Arab State of Persian Gulf within the probe, which was named “Qatar-Veh”, was arrested. They denied any violations.
Netanyahu, who was not named suspect, accused the police of holding two men as “hostages”, adding: “No matter.”
The Qatar official also rejected the probe as a “mammus” against the Qatar, which played a key role of the mediator between Israel and Hamas during the Gaza war.
This happens when Netanyahu is facing protests in Israel over his policy, including the restoration of Israel against Hamas, before the release of all other hostages, the dismissal of Shin Bet Internal Security Agency, and promoting a conflicting plan for overhaul.
On Monday, Israeli police announced that two suspects had been detained as part of the investigation between the Prime Minister and Catars office. This did not provide additional details with reference to the court in court.
After that, Israeli media called them as Jonathan Urich, a very close advisor Netanyahu, and Eli Feldstein, a former press secretary in the Prime Minister’s office, and said they were suspected of contacting a foreign agent, money laundering, bribes, fraud and confidence in a violation.
Later, Netanyahu stopped his speech at his separate lawsuit on charges of corruption, which he denies to give the recorded police testimony in his office in Jerusalem.
After the interrogation, Netanyahu posted a video on the Internet, in which he condemned both arrests and a broad investigation.
“I realized that this was a political investigation, but I didn’t understand how political it was,” he said. “They keep Jonathan Urich and Eli Feldstein as hostages, making their life unhappy.”
“There is nothing, there is absolutely nothing, just a political hunt for witches, nothing else.”
The Prime Minister Nuded Party also made a statement accused by the Prosecutor General’s Office and the head of the bid in the “manufacture” of this case and the attempt to terrorize Jonathan Urich to obtain false testimony against the Prime Minister through blackmail. “
On Tuesday, the Judge of the Magistrate Rishon Lesion expanded the detention of Urich and Feldstein for three days, saying that there are “reasonable suspicions” that require a careful investigation. Police demanded a nine -day extension.
Judge Menya Mizrah said in the decision that investigators suspected that two men acted to “promote catarrh in a positive light” and “distributing negative reports on Egypt” and its role another mediator in the gas ceasefire negotiations.
To this end, according to the judge, a “business and economic connection” was created between an American lobbying firm, which works in Qatar “through mediation (URICH) in return for cash payments that were transferred (Feldstein) through an Israeli businessman.
Last week, Israeli media published a record in which the businessman heard that he had handed over Fieldstein’s funds on behalf of the American lobbyist who worked in Qatar.
At that time, Fieldstein’s lawyers said the payments were “for the strategic and communication services of the Fieldstein, which are provided to the Prime Minister’s office, not for Qatar.” They also stated that Fieldstein did not know the connection between businessman and other parties, including Qatar. Ulrich’s lawyers said he denied.
On Tuesday, a police spokesman told Judge Mizrahi that Urich was also suspected of reporting reporters from a source related to Qatar, which were presented as if they had arrived from senior Israeli political or officials.
Ulrich’s legal team, which includes the Netanyahu defense lawyer Amit Khadad, said they would request a GAG order raising to expose “the injustice made by him”. The judge continued to approve the request, saying that the order on KAG had repeatedly violated.
The Qatar official said the Financial Times: “This is not the first time we became the subject of the callous campaign of those who do not want to see the end of this conflict (war in Gaza) or other hostages returned to their families.”
Qatar has long advocated the Palestinian case and leading political leaders Hamas, which is provided by the terrorist organization Israel, the United Kingdom, the USA and other countries.
Between 2018 and the beginning of the current war, which was caused by Hamas attack on October 7, 2023 on Israel, the Persian Gulf provided hundreds of millions of gas assistance.
Israeli governments have allowed to transfer the money to the pay pay payments to Gaza Hamas government, support the poorest families and finance fuel supplies for a single power plant. However, critics claimed that it helps Hamas to remain in power and fund its military activity.
Since the war, Qatar has assisted with the US and Egypt to conclude two deals to cease the fire and the release of hostages between Israel and Hamas.
The latter lasted between January 19 and March 18, when Israel resumed its air and ground campaign, accusing Hamas of deflection of a new US proposal to expand and issue 59 other hostages. Hamas accused Israel of violating the initial transaction.
Netanyahu claimed that the “unified purpose” of the Qatar-TV’s investigation was to prevent the dismissal of the director of the Security Agency Berta Tire, which was involved in the probe and “drop the right prime minister”.
On March 21, the government fired Ronne Bar, saying that on October 7, 2023, he lost his confidence in his inability to prevent Hamas’s death attack on Israel, which caused the war.
However, the Supreme Court rejected the dismissal to the hearings on April 8 in response to the petitions of opposition political parties and a non -governmental organization, which stated that the move was made for ridiculous reasons and represented a serious conflict of interest.
The bar will remain in office until the Supreme Court is correctly holding the petitions, although the court, meanwhile, allowed the Prime Minister to interview potential replacements.
On Tuesday, the Netanyahu office announced that he had canceled the decision made on the previous day for the appointment of the former Military -Marist Fleet Commander Adm Eli Sharvit to the next Shin Bet chief.
“The Prime Minister thanked the Vice -Decree for his readiness to call the service, but informed him that he intends to study other candidates after further consideration,” the statement reads.
This decision came after the Neturod officials criticized Sharviti’s participation in the 2023 mass rallies against court repairs.
US Republican Senator Lindsey Graham also called the appointment of Sharvita as a “problem” in response to a recent article criticized by President Donald Trump’s policy on climate change.