Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Myanmar’s military opened fire in the Chinese convoy of the Red Cross, which carried the supplies of the earthquake on Tuesday night.
The armed insurgent group of Taang, an armed insurgent group, said the military troops were shooting at nine vehicles with machine guns in East Shang.
The convoy was on the way to Mandala, The percussion city Next to the epicenter of the 7.7 magnitude earthquake, which impressed last Friday. The injuries were not reported.
Hunt Myanmar, who said that the incident was investigating, refused to shoot directly on vehicles. It states that the troops released shots into the air after the convoy did not stop, despite the fact that it signals it.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday that its rescue group and deliveries were safe, adding that “all factions and parties in Myanmar would prioritize the earthquake.”
Myanmar was squeezed by violence against the backdrop of a civil war between the junta – which captured power in the 2021 coup – and ethnic militias and resistance forces across the country.
The humanitarian crisis of the country has deteriorated significantly after a massive earthquake last week, which more than 2,700 people were estimated. It is believed that the actual death toll is much higher.
Many international assistance agencies and foreign governments have sent staff and supplies to the region affected by the earthquake.
On Wednesday, a press secretary of the war said that on Tuesday, troops saw that the escort of assistance coming from the Naungcha city town, with vehicles engaged in sports Chinese stickers and numbers of Myanmar, but did not report the movement of vehicles.
“When we saw the convoy, we stopped it. But they continued. We opened the fire at about 200 m, but they didn’t stop,” he said.
“In about 100 meters, we released three shots in the air, after which the vehicles turned back towards Naunch.”
The press secretary, which provides rescue support in the Mandalai, received a security service in the Mandalai.
He added that if international agencies want to assist, they need to inform the Myanmar government.
Tnla, who accompanied the convoy of the Red Cross, said he reported to the military council about the hike in Mandala.
By retreating to Naungch, they will continue their journey, the group said.
The insurgent groups unilaterally announced the ceasefire to support efforts to help the earthquake. But the military refused to do the same.
A few hours after the earthquake struck on Friday, Junta started an airstrike in the town of Naungch, which killed seven people.
JUNT MIN AUN HLING, Chief of Junta, said that since ethnic armed groups were still “trained in preparation for the attacks”, the military would continue their “necessary defense operations”.
The UN described the airstrikes as “completely flamboyant and unacceptable.”