Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
NEWNow you can listen to Fox News articles!
The heinous terrorist attack in New Orleans on New Year’s Day underscores the Biden administration’s staggering failure to keep America safe and contain radical Islamic terror. By allowing attention to be focused on this ongoing threat to America’s national security and instead spending time and resources attacking political opponents, school board parents and Catholics, the Biden team has left America vulnerable. The new Trump administration needs to fix this mess and keep Americans safe.
In January 2017, when we in the Trump administration took office, The Islamic State (ISIS) is in control a huge chunk of Syria and was expanding its vision of radical Islamism on a global scale. He beheaded two Americans during the Obama and Biden administrations.
It took a serious president to actually dismantle this caliphate along with its partners and allies, and to destroy the threat of radical Islamic terror at home and abroad. By the end of our tenure, we had done just that: the ISIS caliphate was gone, and the threat of radical Islamic terror in our homeland had been greatly reduced.
6 TIMES ISIS INSPIRED TERRORIST ATTACKS ON US SOIL
Over the past four years, we have witnessed a complete abdication of this responsibility in the White House, which has led to a dangerous resurgence of this threat. Instead of dealing with radical Islamic terrorism at home and abroad, Biden downplayed the threat in favor of fictional political threats and allowed real threats to metastasize, culminating in the attack in New Orleans.
Friday, January 3, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana Friday, January 3, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana on Bourbon Street they left a memorial to those who died in the New Year attack. At least 15 were killed and dozens injured after a man plowed his car into a crowd of New Year’s revelers on Bourbon Street on Wednesday. (Kat Ramirez for Fox News Digital)
His administration allowed Afghanistan to fall under the Taliban, allowed Iran and its proxies to flourish and carry out the October 7 massacre, and failed to deal with the growing threat of radical Islamic terror here at home. It empowered our enemies and weakened America.
Worse, this administration has allowed political ideology to undermine America’s core national security imperatives. For four years, we’ve watched this administration name “far-right” groups and even supporters President-elect Donald Trump the greatest threat to American democracy, while after the horrific attacks on October 7th, protesters waved Hamas and ISIS flags on city streets and college campuses without lifting a finger.
For four years, our wide-open borders have allowed extremists linked to groups like ISIS to infiltrate our country unhindered, strengthening their ability to plan and carry out attacks and increasing radicalization efforts. By viewing the fight against terrorism as yet another political weapon or tool to promote a reawakened ideology, the Biden team has left a gap in our national security apparatus that actors like ISIS have readily exploited.
After the attack in New Orleans, we unfortunately saw more frivolity. The FBI initially said the suspect did not act alone, but now has reversed course and said he did. Let’s be clear: the idea that this man acted alone is absurd at first glance. He may have carried out this particular attack alone, but these deplorable acts never happen in a vacuum.
The very idea of a “lone wolf” is a fiction. Whether he was aided by accomplices on the night of the attack or even in its planning, this terrorist was part of a group of Islamists radicalized to attack America, and he was unstoppable.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE FOX NEWS OPINION
That the FBI said he acted alone demonstrates either the lingering influence of a warped political agenda or a complete misunderstanding of the depth and complexity of ISIS operations in the US. Every effort must be made to determine how and where this person was radicalized so that the next attack can be anticipated or prevented.
Addressing these gaps in our national security is urgent and must be a priority for the incoming Trump administration. In response to the growing threat of terrorism, the challenge for Americans is not to fundamentally change the way they live. This would be a victory for the Islamists.
For four years, our wide-open borders have allowed extremists linked to groups like ISIS to infiltrate our country unhindered, strengthening their ability to plan and carry out attacks and increasing radicalization efforts.
Instead, the challenge is for the agencies responsible – the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and state and local law enforcement agencies – to recognize the risk posed by radical Islamic terrorism and take appropriate measures to reduce and eliminate it.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS PROGRAM
Last May, the FBI tweeted that diversity was a top priority for the agency; the safety and security of every American should be a top priority. Fortunately, there could be no better leader to step into the White House to fix the mess President Joe Biden has created. As CIA Director and President Trump’s Secretary of State, I know he will take every step to eliminate this threat to the American people within our borders and around the world, just as we did during his first term.
Most importantly, it will shift the focus of our law enforcement and national security apparatus from domestic political opponents, DEI, and the Awakening back to where it belongs: on destroying despicable people who want to harm innocent Americans.