Guardiola reveals the goalkeeper’s plans after Trafford Howler

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola will wait until after the international break to set up with a goalkeeper number 1, after a difficult home debut for James Trafford last week.

TRAFFORD, signed by Burnley after activating his purchase clause for the International of England, kept a clean sheet in his debut in Wolves, but was to blame for the second goal of Tottenham last Saturday, as Spurs demanded a 2-0 victory at Etihad Stadium.

After receiving a pass from Nico Gonzalez, Trafford saw his effort to play the ball from the intercepted back when Pape Sarr turned to the Richarlison path, before Joao Palhinha ended up fired on a diverted strike.

Trafford was then tremble with Ederson, who Guardiola had called his number 1 a week before, looking from the bench.

Ederson has been closely linked to a transfer to Galatasaray, and City said he was in talks with Gianluigi Donnarumma de Gianluigi of Paris Saint-Germain. At the same time, there have been speculations on a possible transfer of loans to Besiktas for Trafford.

Guardiola: Everything is possible

Asked about his goalkeeper’s situation before his Sunday trip to Brighton and Hove Albion, Guardiola made it clear that he will wait before putting in a penetration order.

“In this part of the season before the international transfer window is closed, everything is possible. So it is simple,” Guardiola said about his goalkeepers.

“After that, we will play United and Champions League and Arsenal, after all it will be clearer and we will make a decision. It depends on the performance and it depends on many reasons.”

Despite his mistake last weekend, Trafford was still appointed to Thomas Tuchel’s England squad For his next rankings in the World Cup and Guardiola said he has received a lot of support this week, as the city has focused on rebounding in Brighton.

“They always have their arms on their shoulders, always. They do not believe it, but we take care of them. Impossible (it is better,” added Guardiola.

“What happened does not belong to James. It is not easy to say, but it does not belong to James to change what happened in the second goal against the Spurs.

“He has a huge personality. Of course he is worried, I would not like it to be worried, but of course we are here to help them.”

He pressed who would start on the goal in Brighton, Guardiola said, “I will decide tomorrow. Because I do not have a press conference tomorrow.”

Source link