The body of Israeli hostage, extracted in gas, says IDF

Michael Sheils McNi and Pauline CircleBBC NEWS

Israeli President Ilan WeissIsraeli president

Ilan Weiss died, defending Kibar bars on the day when Hamas attacks

The body of Israeli hostage Ilana Vais was restored in the Operation in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military announced.

On October 7, 2023, Weiss, 56, was killed during Hamas attack in southern Israel.

According to Israeli Defense (IDF), the remains of the second hostage, whose faces have not yet been released were also restored.

Israel launched a massive offensive after the attack, which killed 1200 people and 251 returned to the territory as hostages.

After the last message, 48 hostages remain in Gaza – 20 of which Israel believes that they are still alive.

Reuters three children from above the broken car - one in the black seat on the hood, the other two - one in the green top of the white vest - sit on top of the roof. The man is on the bike on the left, with the other on the motorcycle, and in others who carries the boxes and mattresses on the section of the road with the ruins all over.Reuters

Gaza residents fled before the expected Israeli operation there

Ilan Weiss was killed by protecting Kibbutz Beeri on the day of the attack. His body was taken to gas.

Wais’ wife, the width and daughter of the nogue on the same day were hostage. They were released during a temporary ceasefire in November 2023.

“Ilan showed courage and a noble spirit when he fought with terrorists on this dark day,” said Israeli President Isaac Duke before praising the “extraordinary power of the Wais family for the fight for return.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces strong internal pressure to agree with a transaction that will return all the hostages that are still in captivity.

Huge protests have been pursued demanding that Israel go forward with its plan to seize gas and eventually establish control over the whole lane. Netanyahu states that Hamas’s defeat will ensure the release of hostages.

The country’s military claims that they have started “initial stages” of their progress in Gaza.

IDF noted that the planned pause in the hostilities, which was to take effect at 10:00 (7:00 GMT), does not apply to the city of Gaza. It states that it was “in accordance with the situational assessment and directive of the political echelon”.

In recent days, Israel has spent air strikes around the city of Gaza and advised residents to get to improvised housing in the south of Gaza.

On August 14, on the day when the offensive was announced, about 20,000 people were displaced south of Gaza, in addition to about 40,000 moving further north, the UN Humanitarian Office reports.

Western countries – and the UN – warned that the operation in the Gaza area, where more than a million people live, would be a devastating consequence.

Most of the gas population is repeatedly displaced.

More than 90% of the houses were estimated or destroyed, and health care systems, water, sanitation and hygiene have fallen apart.

Last week, a supported body, which monitors hunger worldwide, raised food security in the Gaza States to the highest and most difficult – for the first time confirming hunger. Israel denies that there is hunger on the territory.

At least 62 966 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli military campaign since the war has begun, the Ministry of Health’s Health reports.

Source link