Mora claims

Commentary Sergio Mora claims that it is a shame that 35 -year -old Jermell Charlo finally wants to take his career seriously after two years outside the ring.

The two years of champion lost

Mora claims that the ex -indisputable champion of the middle weight champion, Charlo, has moved away, and that he has lost two of his best years to not fight. Sergio believes that the reason for the Jermell to return is for the money.

Shouting the wrong fighters

  • Sebastian Fundora
  • Terence Crawford
  • Vergil Ortiz Jr.
  • Jaron ‘boots’ ennis
  • Errol Spence

Even when he was still active, he would have had huge problems against the boys he called this week. Jermell (35-2-1, 19 kos) lost to Tony Harrison and was affected against a draw against Brian Castano in his first struggle.

The Canelo Payment Effect

“Jermell Charlo. It is in the mid -1930’s and finally wants to take his career seriously and return. It is a shame because he had so much that he could have given the boxing. This man fought against Canelo and has not fought since,” Sergio Mora said to DazSpeaking of the former indisputable champion Jermell Charlo.

Jermell still held three of his four 154 pound titles after his loss in Canelo Alvarez on September 30, 2023. He could have defended his titles IBF, WBA and WBC Junior Middleweight. Charlo’s decision to stop fighting led these titles to move one by one.

“Inactivity has affected his career. Now, like other fighters, such as Andy Ruiz and Adrien Broner,” said Mora. “They want to return in the mid -1930’s and people forgot them. Their time has not gone. Their brightness is out.”

The success that Jermell had before stopping fighting will be difficult to replicate at the age of 35. He has aged, and the competing fighters now are possibly more talented than their main competence during their active years at 154.

When Jermell stopped fighting, these were their main competitors in 154:

  • Tony Harrison
  • Jeison rosario
  • Tim tszyu
  • Brian Castano

It was only after Jermell fought against Canelo Alvarez on September 30, 2023, he remained inactive. He was paid well for this struggle and is understandable why he has not returned to the ring.

Mora left Keith Thurman. He is another fighter who had been out of the ring for years and recently returned. He is now getting a title against WBC Junior Middleweight, Sebastian Fundora, on October 25 after a tune against a lower level fighter, Brock Jarvis.

Why Charlo lost his fans

“Yes, they still have a name. Yes they are old champions but They lost their fanbase Due to this inactivity because their career was not taken seriously. And they made a lot of money. And when you make a lot of money, you will get comfortable, “Mora said about Jermell.

Charlo was not a great star when he was still fighting. He had the following but was not a payment attraction for sight. As Mora points out, the fans of Jermell had given interest in him and focus on other fighters if they continue to follow the sport.

Jermell can get a good day if fighting Errol Spence or Sebastian Fundora. These are fights that can happen. Their possibilities of defeating the founder would be low and ridicule the struggle. The only way the fans would criticize the struggle is whether Jermell surpassed three or four best contenders to 154 to prove. Just jumping directly to a title title after two years outside the ring would make it clear that Charlo’s purpose to return is money.

The comeback driven by the money

“So I think Canelo Payday made it (jermal) soft. The hunger has disappeared, but just as all the fighters, once the money begins to decrease and fleeing and the need to return, you will return for the wrong reasons,” said Mora. “Re -pay the money. It is when it hurts, and that’s when you look bad. And your fans don’t deceive them,” Mora said.

What Sergio says about Jermell’s probable reason is what many boxing fans say on social media. They believe that Charlo, 35, will return to the money as he has been inactive for two years. The fighters that Jermell asked on social media are mainly boys who would be too young and active to fight.

Last updated on 08/29/2025

Source link