Israel’s prime minister’s office denies reports that Hamas has sent a list of hostages to be released in case of deal


Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office has denied reports that Hamas has handed over a list of hostages to be released as part of a possible ceasefire deal on Sunday.

Earlier on Sunday, Reuters reported that Hamas had approved a list of 34 hostages it may be willing to release in exchange for a ceasefire agreement. Hamas officials said the deal was contingent on Israel reaching an agreement to withdraw from Gaza and a permanent ceasefire.

“Contrary to what has been stated, Hamas has not handed over the list of names of the hostages until now,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

The statement came a few days later Netanyahu was released out of the hospital Thursday after prostate surgery.

NETANYAHU GOES AGAINST DOCTOR’S ADVICE, APPEARS IN ISRAEL’S PARLIAMENT AFTER SURGERY

Netanyahu at a press conference

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks during a press conference in Jerusalem. (OHAD ZWIGENBERG/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

His office said Netanyahu, 75, was in good condition and fully conscious after completing his operations on the prostate gland.

Over the past two years, the Israeli leader has undergone several health procedures. In March, Netanyahu underwent hernia surgery under general anesthesia, and Deputy Prime Minister Yariv Levin temporarily took over his role during the trial.

Benjamin Netanyahu

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu votes in Israel’s Knesset just a day after undergoing major surgery. (Joav Dudkevich/TPS-IL)

A few months before Netanyahu’s October 7 terrorist attacks suffered dehydration and was hospitalized in July 2023. The Israeli leader said he was dehydrated after visiting the Sea of ​​Galilee without water or sunscreen in the heat.

A week after being hospitalized for dehydration, Netanyahu’s doctors implanted a pacemaker to regulate his pulse and rhythm.

Netanyahu’s last operation took place at the age of 75 continues to testify in the corruption case against him in Israel. He appeared in court earlier in December and is expected to continue testifying in the new year.

Benjamin Netanyahu

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held meetings on Mount Hermon on Tuesday with Defense Minister Israel Katz, Chief of Staff Lt. Col. Herzi Halevi, Northern Command Commander Maj. Gen. Uri Gordin and Shin Bet chief Ronen Barr. (IDF)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS PROGRAM

Netanyahu is also currently leading IS on several fronts Middle Eastcontinuing to target Iranian terrorists and their proxies.

Yonat Freeling contributed to this report.



Source link